What to expect from a remote exercise simulation
The process for generating a remote exercise simulation will be familiar to anyone who has commissioned face-2-face exercises.
Preparation phase (1+ month prior to exercise):
Pre-exercise phase (<1 month to exercise):
Typical exercise day:
- EXCON, facilitators, assessors and role players meeting: 30-60 mins prior to Start-Ex.
- Participant briefing meeting: 15-30 mins prior to Start-Ex.
- Team breakout rooms open for participants, assessors and facilitators.
- Exercise begins.
- Participants are expected to respond appropriately to a variety of preparatory, planning and emergency injects. This can include information via email, social media channels and/or live interactions with role players.
- Constant real-time evaluation by EXCON, to ensure teams are challenged but not overwhelmed.
- HOT debriefs enable assessors and facilitators to ensure participants remain on track.
- Post-exercise debrief.